- 2-3 cups Macaroni
- 8 Tablespoons (salted) Butter
- 1 (or 2) whole Medium Onion(s), Cut In Half And Sliced Thin (half moons)
- 10 slices Regular Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Bacon Grease (reserved From Bacon Slices)
- ¼ cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups Whole Or 2% Milk
- 2 whole Egg Yolks, Beaten
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (or more) Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup (or more) Grated Jack Cheese
- ½ cups sour cream (light does NOT work for this)
Sauté them till the onions are soft and clear-ish.
Set aside bacon and onions for later.
Start by melting 4 tablespoons of butter in a pot over medium heat. Once it's melted whisk in ¼ cup of flour and the bacon grease you saved. You did save it, right??
So the flour doesn't burn whisk it for about a minute.
Turn the heat up to high (so you can melt the cheese) and add the 2% milk to the pot.
You probably should have magically made your pasta sometime in there when I wasn't paying attention, didn't photograph it, and didn't write about it.
Boil your noodles, make sure they are al dente, and drain them.
Oh, and your oven should be at about 350°. Do that too.
Stir the noodles into the sauce. I think there are too many noodles for how much sauce we made; if you don't use them all, don't worry.